I am a passionate language specialist with extensive training, broad experience and multicultural background, working as a conference interpreter and translator in the following language combinations:
English, Spanish, French, Italian and Catalan into Romanian
Romanian into English, Spanish and Italian
Born and raised in Romania, I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to study, work and live in several EU countries: Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and now Belgium.
The deep immersion in the social and cultural landscape of these countries has allowed me to acquire proficiency in each of my working languages.
The constant exposure to dynamic multicultural environments has enabled me to develop key skills and strategies to provide effective and competent language services.
My guiding principle in life is keep getting better at what you love.
And what I love is finding and conveying meaning in every text I translate and in every speech I interpret, while capturing all the nuances and undertones of the language.
My highest priority as a language professional is delivering top quality work on time.
This means taking all the necessary steps to make sure the final product is flawless, fit for purpose and always delivered within the mutually agreed deadline.
And this is precisely what I’ve been doing for the past 10 years, since I have started to provide language services.
Sworn translator and interpreter (English, Spanish <=> Romanian, Romanian Ministry of Justice)
Security clearance (EU-CONFIDENTIAL)
SDL Trados Certification Training (SDL Trados Technologies)
Freelance translator since 2007 and conference interpreter since 2011;
(a lobby representing farming unions and cooperatives);
Junior translator and interpreter at a Spanish consultancy in human resources;
Customer support representative working for Panasonic Spain.
Before accepting a translation assignment, I make sure the text is within my area of expertise, that there is enough time for terminological research and in-depth revision, and that I can comply with all your specific requirements (preferred terminology, delivery format and deadline, style guidelines, etc.). Upon delivery, the translation must be precise, clear and faithful to the original, terminologically and stylistically consistent, thoroughly spell-checked, without additions, omissions or distortions of meaning. My mission is largely accomplished when the wording flows naturally, as if the text had been originally drafted in the target language.
For interpreting assignments, preparation is paramount to conveying a clear and authentic message that flows well in the target language. Based on the available materials, I prepare glossaries, check any relevant background information to have a better grasp of the main concepts, and practice speeches on the same topic. Prior to the event, it is helpful to know the type of service required (simultaneous, consecutive, whispering, bilateral) and to receive as many details as possible (agenda, presentations, list of participants) so that I can prepare accordingly. Therefore, maintaining open lines of communication with the event organiser and/or coordinator is essential for a successful outcome.
I place great importance on ensuring smooth communication with all my clients throughout the process, from confirmation to delivery, and even post-delivery, if additional adjustments are needed. Every availability request, follow-up question or specific remark will be promptly and clearly answered. Whether you require translation or interpreting services, editing or proofreading a text, I work in close cooperation with a network of highly trusted colleagues, with sound qualifications and experience. Don’t hesitate to contact me to find the most suitable solution for your particular needs.
As an individual language services provider, I take very seriously the confidentiality of my clients and put in place all the necessary measures to safeguard it. I do not disclose to third parties any confidential information entrusted to me by the client (contact information, reference materials, internal procedures, company pricing, etc.). Such information will only be used for the sole purpose of delivering the requested services and will not be published, distributed, displayed or otherwise disclosed to any organisation or person without express consent from the client. All the electronic devices that I may use to complete an assignment are password-protected, have up-to-date anti-virus software installed on them and are only accessed by me.
Simultaneous interpreting, consecutive interpreting, whispering (chuchotage), bilateral interpreting:
English to Romanian
Spanish to Romanian
French to Romanian
Italian to Romanian
Catalan to Romanian
Romanian to English
Romanian to Spanish
Romanian to Italian
– Coordination meetings between joint investigation teams in the framework of police and judicial cooperation;
– Working parties’ meetings at COPA and COGEGA: Common Agricultural Policy, trade negotiations and agreements, promotion of agricultural products, cereals, rural development, organic farming, pig meat sector, dairy sector, environment, animal health and welfare, forestry, phytosanitary questions, food chain, competitiveness, bioeconomy, research and innovation, GMOs, cooperative affairs, risk management, etc.;
– Management board meetings;
– Sales conferences;
– Dealers conventions;
– Trainings on health and safety standards in the workplace;
– Side events at the European Parliament: hearings and seminars hosted by Romanian MEPs (cultural heritage, Paralympics, competition policy);
– European Works Council meetings (steel industry, brewing industry, manufacturing);
– Conferences and workshops on fighting corruption and money laundering.
English to Romanian, Spanish to Romanian, French to Romanian, Italian to Romanian, Catalan to Romanian
Romanian to English, Romanian to Spanish, Romanian to Italian
English to Romanian, Spanish to Romanian
Romanian to English, Romanian to Spanish.
Editing & Proofreading:
English to Romanian, Spanish to Romanian, French to Romanian, Italian to Romanian, Catalan to Romanian.
What do I usually translate?
– Contracts, lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements;
– Police reports, court orders, divorce settlements;
– European Arrest Warrants, letters rogatory, criminal proceedings;
– Press releases, position papers, inter-institutional correspondence;
– User guides and manuals, technical specifications;
– Material safety data sheets (MSDS);
– Tender documentation, communications to members;
– Technical presentations, brochures, magazines;
– Official letters and other specialised documents on the lobbying activities of COPA and COGECA;
– Consolidated financial statements;
– Insurance policies;
– Safety guides, and more.
Translation and proofreading rates vary depending on several factors: service type, subject matter, complexity, format requirements, delivery deadline, payment terms, volume, and language combination, to name just a few.
For interpreting services, a travel allowance and a daily subsistence allowance may apply on top of the daily rate.